Categories

Get this widget

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Updated Reviews

Selected Praise

During those moments that I feel inadequate as a writer, I like to glance over these reviews of my work. They're nearly all written by strangers, which makes their words feel more sincere. You can't trust family and friends when they compliment you; they nearly always ask you to help them move something heavy immediately after.

***
 "Brimming with well-observed critiques of modern life, Victor of Circumstance has some laugh-out-loud moments and satire reminiscent of John Kennedy Toole."
~Mark A. Rayner, author of The Fridgularity
=
Eerie, sad, dark, liberating, redemptive, all of it. Great story! There are so many good things going on with this one that I have to try to put them into a succinct fashion.
=
Man, I got chills.
=
This piece of art is absolutely phenomenal. Good. Freakin'. Job!
=

Well done. (And you've just acquired a new fan!)
=
Great piece
=
I really loved the intensity that just exploded off the page
=
The story is real and the subject matter is so relevant it's terrifying.
=
I enjoyed this short story very much!
=
You really nailed this one.
=
A wonderful job. You get all A's from me. I have always enjoyed your stories. I look forward to the next one.
=
You did an amazing job capturing a very difficult topic.
=
wonderfully written.
=
Wow! Bravo!
=
...but one, like this one, comes along with the deep underlining theme of atonement and love and forgiveness that warms the heart and brings an awe of the author's talent.
=
I can’t begin to explain the many different levels of excellence I find in this piece.
=
This story had me bawling! I don’t like to cry but I loved this story. You did a great job in building sympathy for the main character and in slowly revealing his story.
=
Great job!!
=
The story has some truly heart rending scenes. The author very effectively, and at the right time, reveals to the readers what is driving the main character
=
Wow. This is one of the best stories on here! There are so many important aspects of life described and you are drawn in to an amazing, realistic journey. I highly recommend this story and hope the author continues to write.
=
This is a beautiful story. Beautiful, despite its horrors.
=
You  clearly have the gift of observing and drawing on real life to write compelling stories with a very strong hand.
=
Very Powerful
=
I was strongly affected by this story. There were parts that brought tears to my eyes; parts that broke my heart; and parts that disturbed me. Good job!
=
What a terrible, utterly realistic tale.
=
The way you described things was painfully real. You did an excellent job capturing the hatred and the fear and the helpless feelings that surround that type of situation.
=
let me say this about the story; it is superb
=
truly a marvelous, gritty story, a well-described, sometimes harrowing, sometimes funny, but always engaging story.
=
Wow. This was a very, very good short story.
=
I enjoy dark, alternative, and unique stories, so this was a good read for me.
=
Great Storytelling - It comes through loud and clear that you're a gifted storyteller. I've reviewed literally hundreds of works and yours was one of only a handful where I turned the page, not because it was assigned to me, but because I was genuinely engrossed.
=
I consider this a first class effort.
=
This is a well written gritty dramatic piece
=
Emotionally charged and well contrasted story
=
the message in this story is beautiful. I think you really are a talented writer.
=
This was a long short story, but I enjoyed every minute of it, well thought
out, and structured just so sweetly. a good story, very well told.
=
This is a well written, fast paced read. The story that was told is a real tear jerker. The situation was real and the telling was real.
=
I got comfortable with my special reading glasses a cup of tea and my comforter, and anticipated a great treat as the writer’s reputation preceded him.
=
This was an excellent character study. The subtle, emerging portraits were especially well-written. Very good writing!
=
Thank you for the opportunity to read this fine piece. The writing flowed easily and the word choice was quite pleasing.
=
What a wonderful,wonderful slice of life. You've captured a mood and a moment here that is both moving and recognizable to anyone who has ever been in a difficult relationship. This is a very nice piece of work.
=
stands out with the best I've read.  I find so well written that I'd like to strangle the author out of sheer jealousy!
=
What a lovely and touching story. You did a wonderful job capturing the initial loneliness and hurt. I empathized with your character, there were times I even felt his pain. Your imagery was beautiful.
=
Terrific. The setting is fantastic and worked well in this story.
=
thoughtfully beautiful - I did truly enjoy this short story. It was beautifully descriptive, not only in actually describing things, but for the level of how the reader can feel this man's pain, pride, sense of accomplishment and regret.
=
A really lovely story - The story kept me reading the whole way though
=
very well done. Bravo!
=
A nicely constructed, thought provoking, very enjoyable read.

A pleasure to read a piece that shows an apprecation for words, sentences, paragraphs and grammar. Beautifully done, thanks for a clear, bright, shining picture.
=
Well, the end brought a tear to my eye, so it must be good! Very good read :)
=
A fine effort at existentialist literature.
=
What a touching story! The structure was superb as well. Great job!
=
Good job - this story rocks. I love the word choices and how they are used.
There is no dull moment. Starting from paragraph one you know this is going to be good. You keep going and it keeps getting better. I totally ate this story up. Thank you for the great story.
=
a neatly told story, quite impressive indeed
=
Exceptional. There is something special about this short that certainly struck a chord with me. I’m sure there are others who will be touched by it. Your writing is punchy, colorful, and creative. The visuals are striking and carry a double meaning that’s apparent on first reading. Truly an enjoyable read.
=
This story had such a great feel to it. The reader experiences a real empathy with the writer. well written clear and evocative. Well done thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment